Benefits of Acupuncture
The benefits of acupuncture can include:
- Feeling relief from a patient’s main compliant, for example a reduction in muscular pain, back pain, sleeping better
- A stronger immune system
- Feeling an increase in energy levels and vitality
- The patient may find that they feel more relaxed and happier due to knowing that they are helping their body
- They can feel comfortable that acupuncture can be used safely alongside other forms of Western medicine
- A greater sense of health and well-being
The treatment is aimed at the root of your condition as well as your main symptoms.
What is Acupuncture?
Acupuncture stimulates specific points on the body using extremely fine needles to correct disorders and imbalances. These points are found on channels, which can also be called meridians. Traditional Chinese medical theory discusses energy (Qi in Chinese) and its circulation through the channels, and it is believed that illness arises from disruptions in the natural flow of Qi. Stimulation of acupuncture points is used to restore balance and harmony to the system. Traditional acupuncture is so effective that in China it has been an integral part of healthcare for thousands of years. It focuses on the cause of the problem as well as the presenting symptoms, offering a ‘whole body’ approach to wellness – from the inside out. It is not limited to just treating physical pain, it can be used to offer a solution to many acute and chronic issues, both emotional and physical and it can help to bring both body and mind back to health.
What Acupuncture feels like?
People often say that they are interested in trying acupuncture but they are concerned that it may hurt. In fact, the needles used are much finer than those used for injections, and the sensation is often described as a tingling feeling or a dull ache which can last for a few seconds. Many patients can find the treatment so relaxing that they fall asleep on the treatment couch.